The focus of this course is evidence informed clinical reasoning. Knowing what to do and when to do it are hallmarks of clinical expertise. This is more than being able to cite research studies, it is making decisions in the clinic with a patient in front of you. This course aims to simplify the process and empower you with knowledge to help your patients move toward their goals.
It’s not just all theoretical concepts though, you’ll learn hands-on assessment and treatment techniques too. The treatment techniques I teach on this course and the are derived from my background in Structural Integration, Massage Therapy and Visceral Manipulation. You’ll leave with new techniques that you can apply immediately and assessment strategies that will simplify complex presentations and help you grow as a clinician.
- A simple overview of the science of pain.
- A modern understanding of the mechanisms of myofascial release.
- A patient centered framework to understand quickly and clearly which movements and tasks to focus on.
- Simple screening tests to prioritize which areas to work on.
- Clinical reasoning skills (where to start?) to make your treatments more efficient.
- Effective treatment techniques to help optimism your patient’s function.
This course will be held at my clinic in Dunbar.
3641 W 29th Vancouver, British Columbia V6S1T5